Sunday, October 18, 2020

Movie review - "Trial of the Chicago 7" (2020) ****

 Enjoyed this a lot - great to see some smart, adult content. I felt it may have benefited from another draft and a different director - that may be unfair, just what I felt, that another "wash" would have streamlined things.

I don't know much about the trial so the details were fresh. The actors were very good. There aren't many women in it (girl who answers phone, honey pot) so Sorkin doesn't trip over the sexual politics, as a friend pointed out. I love the affection he has for the characters of the pranksters and Tom Haden; he even likes the Joseph Gordon Levitt prosecutor. The ending was a bit cheesy but I couldn't see how else you might do it.

Oh, shame no pictures of the real characters at the end. But an entertaining movie.

No comments: