Thursday, December 27, 2018

Movie review - "A Wrinkle in Time" (2018) **

I'm not the target market but I felt this didn't work. Trippy, lethargic tale of a simple story that should have worked - a girl's search to find her father. It's fun to see Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, etc - but too much of the dialogue is platitudes, the adventures not particularly exciting. There's no thrills - it's an amble through space and time with some friends. Like a drug trip - the film that it reminded me most of was Disney's Alice in Wonderland.

The effects and photography are great. I like the actor who played the little brother and Chris Pine. The main girl was dull. I don't mean to be mean I know she's only a kid but she was a big draw back - an energy suck.

But like I say I'm not the target audience.

No comments: