Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Movie review - "Unfaithfully Yours" (1948) **

 Some critics adore this one. I didn't like it. Rex Harrison is ideal as the jealous conductor who fantasizes about killing his wife. The dialogue is witty. I like Linda Darnell. The support cast is very good.

But I hated the story. Killing his wife because he thinks on thing grounds she's having an affair... I don't find that funny. Or watching three fantasy sequences. Or seeing him try to do it. I don't like him, I hate him.

That's just me, I know. I'm not surprised to see this flopped. It's mean. Darnell is nice. He's a fool. I mean, if he fantasised about killing the lover and the lover was a bully or something...

My "hot take": Sturges actually lost it after Miracle of Morgan's Creek. After that he went downhill, not when he left Paramount.

No comments: