Friday, December 08, 2017

TV review - "Stranger Things - Season 2" (2017) ***

Perhaps inevitably lacks the magic of season 1 - the kids have grown, are a little less cuter; the journey of the adults is less intense; I got the kid who went missing, Will, mixed up with his friend a lot. They introduce a girl, Max, who has a great initial look but her character doesn't go anywhere - and the blonde villain doesn't really do anything bad. I felt it lacked a real human villain. And I get why Ep 7 has been so divisive.

But it remains very well done, production values are high, and has a satisfactory ending (even if they do start setting up all these plots towards the end of the run). Also one scene knocked my socks off - when the kids dressed up as Ghosbusters, just like I used to do.


No comments: