Tuesday, October 30, 2018

TV review - "Ozarks - Season 1" (2017) ****

Gripping, binge-y drama - I've watched a bunch of pilots but this is one I just wanted to keep watching. It's a bit Breaking Bad ish but it has it's own drive in part because the whole family get involved relatively quickly. Jason Bateman is the financial adviser who launders for the mob and winds up in the Ozarks - which I'd vaguely heard of, and I'm curious if tourism has increased since this show.

Excellently acted - Laura Linney brings it - with memorable characters such as the burgeoning crime lord 19year old who could still turn good, and the psychotic gay FBI agent who uses his body in investigations. Beautifully shot. My main gripe is the use of characters killing others with one quick head shot - this trope is getting tired fast (and surely not that true to life). Jason Bateman's character is such a prick!

No comments: