Friday, February 05, 2016

TV review- "Community - Season 6" (2015) ****

Community managed to return for another season thanks to the generous folks at Yahoo. I'm not a super die hard fan but from what I can tell it was a relatively seamless transition - turning into the same old show. The biggest shake up is the cast - now Yvette Nicole Brown has gone (I noticed her part in season 5 seemed less so I wonder if anything is going on). Less of a loss is Jonathan Banks, who never quite fitted in - he was okay - and John Oliver.

It means things seem kind of lonely, but Dan Harmon is still on board and the quality remains high. I wasn't that wild about Paget Brewster or Keith David as additions - both serious, strong actors, not exactly comic powerhouses. As the series goes on it gets more meta and more brilliant - philosophy, the meaning of life etc. It was a wonderful series, although the original gang is missed, but some of this is incredibly well done and I'll miss the show.

No comments: