Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Movie review - "The Three Amigos" (1986) **1/2

I didn't think much of this movie when I first saw it at the movies, despite normally loving flicks from the Saturday Night Live crowd. However a lot of people love it so I thought I'd give it another go and... nope, still don't find it very funny. There are some great bits - the title tune, the concept, the dance, the setting - but all three amigos are annoyingly similar, the tone of the movie goes all over the shop (it's about movie stars in the real world but the real world features invisible swordsmen and singing bushes), and there weren't enough stand out gags. I found Patrice Martinez dull. Alfonso Arau was excellent - he has some great scenes
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.