Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Movie review - "Crank: High Voltage" (2009) ***

I saw this after it hearing about it on How Did This Get Made? It's the sort of the movie that either you go with or you don't, and if you go with it you get sick of it or you don't. I went with it but got sick of it after a while - too relentless, too much "here's another crazy sequence we can throw in there" without much development... which I know was the point, but still...

Jason Statham provides a surprisingly strong center to the mayhem - I actually don't know why I say "surprising" this guy obviously is the real deal by now - and Amy Smart is likeable as the love interest, but the movie is stolen by Bai Ling as a crazy prostitute. Fun cameos from people like Ron Jeremy and Gerri Halliwell. It looks terrific and there's plenty of imagination and flair on display.

No comments: