Monday, September 05, 2016

My Michael Crichton Top Ten

I'm going nuts with these top tens lately but anyway....
1) Jurassic Park - remains a top notch example of science faction, fiction and spectulation
2) Binary (1972) - novel - for me the best of his pulp novels
3) Westworld (1973) - script - a beautifully simple, yet also clever, sci fi tale
4) The Terminal Man (1972) - novel - Crichton does Frankenstein, very well
5) Travels (1988) - memoirs - marvellous collection of autobiographical pieces
6) Jasper Johns (1977) - book on the artist, very smart and accessible
7) ER (1998) - the pilot, set the template for the top series
8) Congo (1980) - badly filmed but the novel was great (like Timeline)
9) A Case of Need (1972) - interesting thriller with an abortion theme
10) Eaters of the Dead (1976) - I suppose The Andromeda Strain is better but Eaters is the one I keep re-reading

No comments: